Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Holy Cow it's been so long!

Oh my gosh I have gotten SO behind on updating! Things have been going so well! I love student teaching and I love AHS! I have taught about 5 classes so far (some for the whole 82 minute block and others for part of the block). I love my students to death! I was really nervous about my lower level students but their class is the one that I have been teaching and they are so great! I have to keep them on task and tell them to take off their headphones every now and then but they really do try hard. They are so full of personality and they make me laugh everyday. They have been extremely respectful (so far, at least!) and I see so much potential in them. My honors kids (whose classes I've only been assisting with thus far) are also great but I really connect most to my lower level kids. I'll be picking up their class full time the week after February vacation (which I'm beyond excited about having!) and although I'm nervous, I'm excited and I feel ready.
I have sat in on several IEP meetings at school, too, which are really interesting. Tomorrow I get to work one on one with a student who I identify with on many levels. I'm so happy that I have a chance to work with her. I hope I can help her, but, more importantly, I can't wait to see what I learn from her.
Drew has taken over one class full time already and seems to be doing well. I find myself really proud of him for some reason. He, Colleen, and I have grown really close through this experience and I want the best for them, as I know they do for me. No one else can possibly know what this experience is like, other than them, and I'm so thankful that we all have each other.
Tomorrow I'm teaching some of first block then working with that student that I mentioned and then I'm not sure about third block yet. Then I'm going home to visit my Mom and puppies because I miss them so much! Friday marks the start of February vacation which will be a welcome break, even though I'll be lesson planning through most of it.
Thanks for reading! I promise I'll update more!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment