Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Seven: 2 Hour Delay

Today we had a 2 hour delay because the walkways were still being cleaned up form yesterdays huge snow storm. It was so nice staying up a little later and getting up a little later, too. I woke up at about 8:25 and we left here around 9. Classes were only 45 minutes each, except third period because of lunches.

First period we went over symbols from Allegory of the Cave and then the students started to work on their modernization skits of the story.

Second period we went to the computer lab and the students did a webquest about Ernest Hemingway. It had all kinds of questions about him, his life, his work, etc., that they found online then took a quiz about.

Third period the students performed their modernization of the Allegory skits and then we started a documentary called "To Die in Jerusalem." To be honest, I'm not exactly sure where the teacher is going with the documentary in terms of what it will tie into but I guess we'll see.

At lunch I was informed that the student teachers all have to perform together in the faculty talent show in March...oh jeez!

Fourth period I brainstormed some activities to do with the kids next week on 2 Hemingway short stories with Ms. G then we made photocopies of the stories. The day flew by with the delay and short class.

My outfit today: Gray pants, silver flat shoes, a long sleeve white cotton shirt and a black shawl thingy over it :)

Now I'm relaxing and watching GH and will start solidifying my Hemingway lesson later!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment